Friday, January 11, 2013

Cal Poly

     I went with nick today to a UAS design class at Cal Poly. Nick is now teaching the class but they had a guest speaker from Boeing talking about aircraft structure. In brief, aircraft are extremely complex and one system would take hours to talk about; there are many systems...
     After the class, Nick introduced me to the professor that leads the class. He took me to their lab where the students build the planes for the AIAA competition. They have nice digs there, haha. Lots of tools, space, tables and even a dust room. A nice rack with carbon fiber and kevlar sits next to a stack of assorted foam pieces.
Thanks Nick, I got a lot of good info from that visit.

     When I got to Tim's, Tom and Loraine as well as Ruby and Pam were there.  (Nice to see you guys).  Later that night this photo was taken:


No comments:

Post a Comment