Sunday, January 13, 2013

Last day in SLO: bike ride, Amtrak

     We woke up and took the bikes to Los Osos area for a last ride over Spooners Cove. Tim, Scott and I rode 10 miles.  I think we made good time but I was the slow one. My ass still was sore from the last ride so that's my excuse, (strangely, this didn't make it better) haha. Good ride, lots of down hill at the end.  Crashed twice on the way down, but nothing bad though.

Made it!

     After eating our post-ride lunch at a Mexican restaurant, I cleaned up and packed for the bus and train ride to Camarillo. The bus ride was uneventful but the train was fun.  It had been a while since I had rode on a train so it was nice. 

     
     After my cab took me to the wrong Hampton Inn and got to the right one, I still had to wait an hour for Greg and Steve to get there from Fairbanks.  We are all down to do camera payload testing on a UAV with Aerovironment in Simi Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Corey, thanks for being such a fine and fun houseguest - you can come back to SLO anytime, and stay as long as you want! Someday, we'll have the woodburning stove up and cranking in the cabin, and you can try staying there!!!!

    ReplyDelete