Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flight Home

     My flight from LA to Seattle was at 8:45. Expecting lots of people at LAX I left the hotel at 6:00. By 6:25 I was already at my gate. This quick going at the start of the trip was not to last. After we boarded and taxied out to the run way the flight attendant tried to turn off the cabin lights and one side stayed on. We waited out there while they talked to maintenance guys and we finally taxied back over to the gate. They had to replace a relay which took an hour. I missed my connecting flight and spent the night in the Seattle airport. They gave me a hotel voucher but by the time I got there and got back it wouldn't have been worth it.
     Upon landing in Anchorage I was surprised to find snow  ...everywhere. I didn't eat in anchorage because we were late getting in and I didn't want to miss my Fairbanks flight. By the time I got to Fairbanks it had been 20 hours. Mom and Dad brought Gus into the airport to greet me and I was shocked by the cold when I walked out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment