Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day Four: Kayaking

     Kind of a slow day.  Tim and Sue had to get stuff done before the new year. I helped Tom take down Christmas lights and do a little work around the garage.  We snagged a kayak from Tim and loaded it in Tom's truck.  After working on a few little things and playing with Tom's rc car he got for Christmas, I drove down to Laguna Lake. Driving an unfamiliar big truck in a new city, in California was a bit of a task. Missed my turn and had to drive around for a bit to find the lake.
    Unloaded the kayak and got paddling. The lake has reeds on one side and houses on the other so I took to unpopulated part.  Saw some birds but spent most of the time kind of just drifting.  Tim didn't tell me the kayak was supposed to have holes in the bottom that let water in. I got quite cold sitting in the water and came back after about two hours.
     After getting back I showered and went with Tom to his sister's house for dinner.  There was a huge platter of ribs with beans, coleslaw, and buns.  On the way back I talked with Tom about the UAVs and business. There is a lot to absorb.
     Loraine got in soon after we got home. Watched tv for a bit but everyone was tired and went to bed early. I ended up falling asleep watching TV, before midnight haha.

here is a video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyg_ovDS9E






No comments:

Post a Comment